Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to build a form where the IP address of the user is sent as part of a hidden field. I can do it with $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] but i want to keep all my code in couch. Is there an equivalent?

In addition, I would like to know if i can send 2 different emails in k_success instance:

Code: Select all
<cms:if k_success >

MESSAGE TO WEBSITE OWNER
=======================
<cms:send_mail from=frm_email to='sales@website.com' subject='Quotation Request'>
Quotation Request
=============
<cms:show k_success />
</cms:send_mail>

MESSAGE TO CUSTOMER
=======================
<cms:send_mail from=sales@website.com to=frm_email subject='Thank you for your quotation Request'>
Message to CUSTOMER
</cms:send_mail>

</cms:if>
Hi Jeph,

We can send multiple emails in the same success block so the snippet you posted should ideally work. Is it not working for you?

Also, there is no Couch variable for $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] but you can simply use the following within any Couch code -
Code: Select all
<cms:php>echo( $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] );</cms:php>

Does it help?
Thank you very much KK. That was very helpful.
I think I would use this often if it had been available as avariable k_user_ip or similar. :)
active topics, google
Free support is never free.. Donate!
Couch already logs the IP address for the creation of each new page even with Databound forms. If you look at couch_pages there is a header called `creation_ip`. It would be very easy to access this as k_creation_ip or k_user_ip by editing the core couch files
5 posts Page 1 of 1