Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

when I have a page, something like this:

Code: Select all
<cms:template clonable='1' title='Listing' dynamic_folders='1'>

<cms:editable name='sort_date' type='text' />
        <cms:editable name='name' type='text' />
        <cms:editable name='desc' type='richtext' />
    </cms:template>

and I remove for example the field "desc" and add another how do I make the backendpage remove the unused field as well? At the moment the form in the backend shows the old fields plus the new ones.

Thx
C.
Hi conrad,

As a safety-catch, for clonable templates Couch deletes editable regions only when the modified template is accessed in its 'page-view'.

One easy way of accessing the page-view of a template is to hit the magnifying glass icon next to any of its cloned-pages listed in admin-panel. You should see the deleted regions highlighted in red when you come back to the admin-panel and now you can delete them permanently.

Hope it helps.
Ok, this seems to work for removing field, but when I try to add a field nothing seems to happen.
I try to add two new fields to a repeatable group:
Code: Select all
<cms:repeatable name='diverse' >
    <cms:editable name='id' type='text' />
    <cms:editable name='blabla' type='text' />
    <cms:editable name='Newfield_1' type='richtext' />
        <cms:editable name='Newfield_2' type='richtext' />
    </cms:repeatable>

But no matter how often I visit the page via the magnifying glass the fields are not added.

Thx
I think that is because you are trying to add type 'richtext' which is not supported by repeatable.
Please try changing the type to either 'nicedit' or 'textarea'. That should work.
Oh, I see. Ok I go with file field since I need someplace to upload a pdf. I thought rich text was a quick solution.

Thx
5 posts Page 1 of 1