Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,

i have succesfully set up a nice image gallery using couch - it works very well the way it is, but i want the client to be able to add a description or a meta-tag to each image in the admin area. I then want to pick these descriptions or meta-tags up (just as <cms:show k_page_title /> picks up the title) and add it to the template..

Is there a feature currently available to help me achieve this?

Any help or tip to get me in the right direction is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Sundance
Hi Sundance,

If you have used the 'Gallery' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/p ... llery.html) feature of Couch, then each uploaded image has a cloned page of its own. Define whatever editable regions you wish in the gallery template and the admin can enter data into them just like any other template.

On the front-end, the inputted data can be fetched and displayed like other editable regions e.g. if the editable region was named 'my_meta', use <cms:show my_meta /> on the template to show its value.

Does this help? Please let us know.
Hi KK,

thank you for your quick response - i didn't know it was gonna be THAT easy. Couch never ceases to surprise me! :)

It worked perfectly, this way i can also use a dropdown to enable filtering by categories.. thank you again!

Have a good one.

Greetings

Sundance
I am glad it helped :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1