Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone! I have a question about a forum called Codoforum, I have installed it, and I seen they have a guide http://codoforum.com/documentation/implementing-codoforum-sso

Now I'm not so good at this, but if I understand right does this mean, that when someone registration on my forum, it's going to reg sametime in my CouchCMS?

Or I thinking wrong here? I haven't tried it yet, but I gonna try it now.

They asking for: Get user path, is it couch/login.php ?
And they are asking for: Logout / Registration path? I'm not sure if I can get it from CouchCMS? I hope someone can tell me if I can do it.

EDIT: That I really want to do it's, I wish I could do that, when they registration from my forum, and I want that account come's to CouchCMS.

Can't I make something that, Codoforum & CouchCMS, get same database when it comes to users? When I create in the forum account, it's go to the CouchCMS database user? Get_user?
Hi Xtriz3D,

I had a look at the guide you mentioned. Didn't dig too deep into the forum script itself but from what I could gather from the guide, Codoforum allows delegation of its register/login/logout functions to another CMS (e.g. Couch).

So when a person registers for the forum, the account would actually be created with the other CMS. Similarly when a person logs in or logs out, in reality it is not Codoforum but the other CMS doing this work.

Seems to be a very nice solution to me and you should certainly give it a try.

You'll need to do a bit of work before using Couch with Codoforum, though.
As you know, Couch out of the box does not allow external users to register their accounts,

So first you'll have to use either the 'members' module (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063) or the 'extended-users' module (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8581) to create the register/login/logout/edit-profile functions.

Once you do that, you'll have all the four links the SSO guide was asking for.

Hope it helps.
Yes Thanks for the answer, and yes i'm sure Gonna try it.

I going too try it tomorrow.
3 posts Page 1 of 1