Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I like to create a listing pages/subpages under one main category. I don't need to create a navigation/menu maker, just one category has submenu, example, main category: Profile, it got submenu: Profile1, Profile2, Profile3...

The code that I applying:

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='About Us' clonable='1' nested_pages='1'>
<cms:editable name='profile_desc' ></cms:editable>
</cms:template>

<cms:if k_is_home >
                <cms:pages>
                    <cms:redirect url="<cms:show k_page_link />" />
                </cms:pages>
            </cms:if>

<li><a href="profile.html" id="selected">About Us</a>
<ul>
<cms:set my_current_page=k_page_name />
<cms:pages>
<li><a href="<cms:show k_page_link />" <cms:if k_page_name==my_current_page > id="selected" </cms:if> ><cms:show k_page_title /></a></li>
</ul>
</li>

<cms:pages page=k_page_name >
                   <cms:show profile_desc />

But I doesn't seem to make it work. In the front-end, all the content/profile_desc (profile1 and profile2) is showing within one page no matter what submenu I choosing.

I don't know which part am I did wrong, or maybe none of it are correct, and I not sure that should I use nested page or not.

Is anyone can give me some suggestions or sample code. Thanks.
or maybe is there any way that I can just add the existed webpage under the template?

For example, I have created few webpages Profile1, Profile2, Profile3 and etc.

In the admin panel, I have created one profile template. In this profile template, I like to add Profile1, Profile2, Profile3 under this template, they will display as listing pages and user can click in to edit it.

The reason I do that, this Profile1, Profile2, Profile3, may have different kinds of layout design. It's impossible to make it as nested pages.

It's pretty annoying that I have to make 3 profile templates at admin panel sidebar, right?
Hi nsy,

I am sorry but I'm finding it difficult to understand the whole situation.

Could you please post in a few images or wireframes of what things look like currently and how you'd want them to be? Basically anything but text to explain the problem.

Thanks.
First, I have 3 different layout design need to be created under about us category. All the subpages can be edited within cms.

But is pretty annoying put all three about us in the sidebar. I like to put it like listing page as shown below:

Is this even possible? I can't really make it as nested page as 3 of the pages have different layouts.

Another question about nested page. Please refer screenshot1 & 2. Refer test.txt for sample code. As you can see from the screenshot, all the contents are showed within one page no matter what submenu I choose. I not sure which part am I did wrong, can you please take a quick look on the attach php file and show me how to correct the code?

I know I asked too much question on this CMS, but I really weak on PHP. Thus I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Relevant code:
<cms:pages page=k_page_name >
    <cms:show prop_desc />
There does not exist a parameter named 'page'. There is however a 'page_name'...

Editable region values are available directly in page-view; one does not need to retrieve them with cms:pages. The following would work just fine:
<cms:show prop_desc />

You state that the 3 pages have different layouts and thus a cloned template is inappropriate. Could you clarify what exactly is different between these pages?
I mean the pages might have different layout designs. For the nested page, all the layout design is inherited from master page.

All my website will be developed as responsive website. Thus I have customized the edit page for user to edit.

example, About Us 1's layout got three columns content, About Us 4's layout got two columns content, and etc. In the admin panel, I have to make three editable input for About Us 1, two editable input for About Us 1, and so on. The reason I do that, user can only need to edit the specific content so that they won't mess up with the front end layout.

In the admin panel that I currently using, I can use table to divide all content into different column, but the problem table is table, it cannot act responsively like my layout.
If you could figure out a way to handle those different layouts in CKEditor, that would mean you could have a clonable template with a single richtext field. CKEditor widgets may be able to handle this. See http://ckeditor.com/demo#widgets and http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/widget_sdk_tutorial_1. The idea would be to create widgets for each type of row, which would accommodate different numbers of columns. I don't have any firsthand experience with this feature nevertheless. It may not work out how I am envisioning it. This also would require some moderate understanding of JavaScript.

Another option would be to define all of the editable regions, but to segregate them into groups (docs/tags-reference/editable/group.html). Some simple cms:if statements could be used to determine which layout to display, according to which fields are not empty.
7 posts Page 1 of 1