Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

is there a way to manually set the order for lists?
For example I have a page listing customers. The default sorting is I think the creation date.
I'm looking for an easy way for the client to sort his customers. Am I correct that there is no possibility for a drag and drop sorting and that the list in the admin will always sort itself according to the creation date?

Can I sort a list via some filed, say "customer id". If so how?

Thank you!
Hello :)

The admin-panel (as of the current version) always sorts pages in descending order of their publish-dates. It cannot be changed, I am afraid (the next version of the admin-panel will allow this and more).

On the front-end, though, you can use several different fields (and all your custom fields) for the sorting - please see 'order_by' parameter on http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-reference/pages.html
Ok I set orderby to "project_id". This works great.

Can I add a page in the admin-panel where I just show the customer names in a list and have an editable field "project_id" where my client can set the field value himself (instead of haven to edit every single client seperately)?
Then when "Save" is pressed the values are written into the individual project nodes.

Thx
Conrad, we don't have that functionality out of the box but you can use databound forms to code that up yourself. Please see the following for an example - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9058
4 posts Page 1 of 1