Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
At the moment, if I make changes to a template, I need to be logged in as a top level admin to refresh that template page in order to see the changes. Once that is done then obviously every other private and public user can see the changes. Is it possible to allow changes to occur even if a public (not logged in) user visits that template page?

I'm trying to be able to make updates to several sites at once and I would like to not have to then log in to each site and visit all the templates. Is there anything in couch that I can change to allow this?

Thanks
Hi,

You need to visit the template as super-admin only for *Couch specific* changes like modifying the way editable regions are defined (basically the changes that *show up in the admin panel* as opposed to the frontend).

For other changes (like changing HTML markup or putting Couch tags like cms:pages etc.), there is no such restriction.

So, to answer your question, for the first kind of changes to persist the template has to be visited by a super-admin. I am sorry but there is no alternative to it.

That said, it is a reasonable supposition such changes will be relatively infrequent and happen mostly while the site is being first developed or ported to Couch. So usually this restriction is not too much of a hassle.
2 posts Page 1 of 1