Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Long term frustrated web designer here! Been using drupal for a long time and totally fed up with developers making the mot simple things complicated. I swear they would invent a knife, then invent a tool to hold that knife, then invent a tool to hold the tool which fits in your hand. All of which are dependencies and if one breaks, too bad. If one gets updated before another and breaks the rest, too bad. Core update time! More breakages. Bah!

Couchcms seems to keep my blood pressure way down and for once I can focus on the design and not choosing option upon option! Probably my bad for choosing such a complex system in the first place but I've also used umbraco and wordpress with similar hair pulling experiences, although they did get the job done.

My only initial concerns is that the dates are all wrong on my test posts, seems to have defaulted 6hrs in front of my time zone, sure that can be changed somewhere, and also multiuser (I found drupal for all its annoyances has a very good permissions system). My clients may have three people in an office and it looks like they will all be able to edit each others content. Not a problem now but could become one.

Anyway, here's to a (hopefully) less stressful future. Thanks.
Hello sc25893 and welcome to our forums :)

Thank you for your words of encouragement.
I'm glad you found Couch useful even in comparison to industry heavy-weights.

My only initial concerns is that the dates are all wrong on my test posts, seems to have defaulted 6hrs in front of my time zone, sure that can be changed somewhere
That would be the following setting in config.php
Code: Select all
// 2.
define( 'K_GMT_OFFSET', +5.5 );

and also multiuser (I found drupal for all its annoyances has a very good permissions system).
To be honest, having a multi-user admin-panel was never a target for Couch. It always targeted sites that had one or two admins. Nevertheless, the way things are progressing, I'm seeing more and more people trying to use in a more involved environment. Perhaps. we'll have to rethink our decision in the near future :)

Thanks again for your feed back.
Thanks for the info. Looking forqard to delving a bit deeper. Hoping I only have to make the head/footer sections once and not in multiple places, masterpages sounds about right, not read the full docs yet.
Hoping I only have to make the head/footer sections once
Please use cms:embed (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-reference/embed.html)
That's exactly what I'm talking about, thanks.
5 posts Page 1 of 1