Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Can anyone guide me on how to build a member login system for my website.
I have a functional website in html/css.
I want that user can only view my website after login.
Hi :)

You can find a tutorial (and a full implementation as sample) here -
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063

Hope it helps.
Can i use a form that i created as a login or registration form?
(Don't know much coding)
You can use any of your designs for the login/registration forms - please go through the step-by-step tutorial I mentioned in my last post. It should explain things in detail to you.
Couchcms is amazing.Got it successfully working on local host (using xampp).
But got the following error when i used web hosting (000webhost).
(I have changed the config.php file and entered details of mysql database provided by 000webhost).

ERROR: Tag "db_persist" - _masterpage does not exist
That error suggests that the 'DataBound Form' module has not been activated.

As explained in the docs, it requires uncommenting (i.e. removing the leading '//' from the following line in 'couch/addons/kfunctions.php' file -
Code: Select all
//require_once( K_COUCH_DIR.'addons/data-bound-form/data-bound-form.php' );

In case you don't find a file named kfunctions.php in the said location, please rename the 'kfunctions.example.php' file in that folder to make it kfunctions.php.

Hope it helps.
Removed it already.
Apologies. I misread the error message.
It is actually complaining '_masterpage does not exist'.

OK, so you'll have to make sure you are providing the right value for the '_masterpage' parameter of cms:db_persist.

Perhaps, the specified template is not yet registered? Make sure it appears in the admin-panel sidebar.
From where do i give the value of this parameter?
You are using cms:db_persist to edit/create some cloned page, right? The name of the page's template would be the value (if you've used cms:pages, it is the same as its 'masterpage' parameter e.g. 'blog.php').

If you are still confused, please post your code here and let us know what are you trying to achieve.
20 posts Page 1 of 2