Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm following the tutorial and I've got to this stage:

http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/portfolio-site/portfolio.html

Visit the admin section to find the first default page created for you. Clicking on it should reveal that Couch has created the following editable regions as instructed -

My question is, in the image the sections labeled Second Image and Third Image seem to have no facility to upload an image. Is there a mistake here or have I misinterpreted the instructions?

Code: Select all
   <cms:editable name='group_img1' label='First Image' desc='First Image' type='group' />
   <cms:editable name='image_1' label='Image 1' desc='Upload first image of portfolio here' crop='1' width='600' height='300' group='group_img1' type='image' />
   <cms:editable name='thumb' label='Image Thumbnail' desc='Thumbnail of first image' width='223' height='112' show_preview='1' group='group_img1' type='thumbnail' />
   <cms:editable name='image_1_title' label='Image Title' desc='Enter image title here' group='group_img1' type='text' />

<cms:editable name='group_img2' label='Second Image' type='group' />
   <cms:editable name='image_2' label='Image 2' desc='Upload second image of portfolio here' width='600' height='300' crop='1' group='group_img2' type='image' />
   <cms:editable name='image_2_title' label='Image Title' desc='Enter image title here' group='group_img2' type='text' />

<cms:editable name='group_img3' label='Third Image' desc='Third Image' type='group' />
   <cms:editable name='image_3' label='Image 3' desc='Upload third image of portfolio here' width='600' height='300' crop='1' group='group_img3' type='image' />
   <cms:editable name='image_3_title' label='Image Title' desc='Enter image title here' group='group_img3' type='text' />
</cms:template>

I don't understand how you could come to this picture by using the above code?

Hello and welcome, Nick :)
in the image the sections labeled Second Image and Third Image seem to have no facility to upload an image. Is there a mistake here or have I misinterpreted the instructions?

What you see in the image are the three 'groups'. The first group is in an expanded state and so you can see its child editable regions. The other two are in a collapsed state and so you cannot see their child regions (they are in there, trust me :) ).

In the admin-panel, only one group can be expanded at a time (accordian). Clicking on a collapsed group will cause it to expand while closing the previously open group (this is how things work in the current admin-panel design - it will change in the next version).

Hope that explains the mystery :)
2 posts Page 1 of 1