Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi! I would like to know how do you sell couchcms to tour clients?
For example, I sell a unike plan, us$ 10/month, all inclusive. This plan has a unike design that i have already with couch. The only thing i have to do is upload to my free hosting. But if my client have another design, he can choose almost anything for us$100, one pay. I buy designs in themeforest.net, each cost us$15 aprox and use a free hosting Hostinger.com
What do you think about my business model?
How is your business model?
Wake up man - this is reality!
There is much more that just CMS and a Template to a website. You need a concept, content, images, ... sitemap, meetings, structure and fitting modules, also if all fiunished e.g. backup-plan, SEO, .... Do what you want but it takes weeks to finish a professional website for a customer. 100$ + free hosting you can offer to a friend - often ends in a fight if you work for no money. Customers generate clients + money with well made websites - not with the cms or the theme. now go ahead or go back to sleep. :!:
* * * * * * I LOVE COUCH CMS - flexible and straight forward * * * * * *
chichi wrote: Wake up man - this is reality!
There is much more that just CMS and a Template to a website. You need a concept, content, images, ... sitemap, meetings, structure and fitting modules, also if all fiunished e.g. backup-plan, SEO, .... Do what you want but it takes weeks to finish a professional website for a customer. 100$ + free hosting you can offer to a friend - often ends in a fight if you work for no money. Customers generate clients + money with well made websites - not with the cms or the theme. now go ahead or go back to sleep. :!:

Thanks for your words, that its exactly what I want, I need crítics and ideas about how you work your business.
I'm not agree with some things, for example, why do you say it takes weeks to finish a web site? I use html themes, so i dont waste time in design. I can take one hour to build a complete web site with couch, including portfolio, blog and forms. And I use justo one pre-build site with couch and design.
How is your business model? What do you do?
I'm not sure about my business model, its that for i'm looking for new ideas and critics!
Thanks!
Hi patriciodilet, I think you have opened an interesting topic of discussion here. I can't help agreeing with chichi that it is amazing that anyone can knock out a site in 1 hour. I probably spend at least an hour thinking about a site before I even begin to create anything code-wise!

My process begins with a Q&A document - to help establish what my client needs from their website and how they may want it to look. I will then create a mockup showing roughly how the site will look. The process is usually very much collaborative - I keep in close touch with my client and show them screenshots of how things are progressing while I am developing the site locally. I will re-use code snippets and layouts from previous sites wherever possible, but I aim to make each site individual.

It is a very personal service and what I enjoy about doing web design. My work comes entirely through word of mouth and I work mainly for creative people - musicians especially, they are young and do not have a big budget. My "business model" may not be ruthlessly efficient and money-making but it is what makes me and the clients happy. Clients on the whole are loyal (I will be asked to redo a non-responsive or no CMS site that I first did 3 -5 yrs ago) and some I stay in touch with and meet when I go along to their concert performances. These things are 'worth' a great deal.

I'd be amazed if your model is a roaring success, because there are so many templated web design businesses out there which I doubt you could compete with on price and choice or coming up in SE results when someone is looking for that type of website service. I think you need a USP to make it work. But I'm hardly business person of the century! Keep us informed of your progress. And good luck!
Hahahaha :lol:

business model ??!??

it's not a business model it's a self created sweatshop ...! and will result in disappointed clients.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
5 posts Page 1 of 1