Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi again!

Quick question:

When I did one of my projects I unfortunately put everything of the website in the servers root directory. Like:

/
/css
/couch
index.php

I would like to move the whole thing in a sub-directory (of course changing the target of the url etc), would this work? Would I need to recreate the .htaccess or anything else?

In my opinion it should work. Just want some reassurance before I blow everything up ;).

Thanks!
Hi Klaus,

If you move the entire site (i.e templates + Couch folder) to the sub-folder, no changes whatsover will be required to the code.

If prettyURLs are used, the .htaccess file (now in the sub-folder) will require change to the following setting -
#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it RewriteBase /subdomain1/subdomain2
RewriteBase /your_subfolder_name_here

I suggest you turn off prettyURLs before moving the site.
After changing the location, the site should work just as before. Now modify the .htaccess file and turn on prettyURLs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick answer! But would I really have to change the setting in the .htaccess if the url remains the same? There wouldn't be any subdomain in the url:

I would move those files:

/
/css
/couch
index.php (www.website.com)

to
/subdir
/subdir/css
/subdir/couch
/subdir/index.php (again only www.website.com)
If the URL does not change, then you don't have do anything at all.
Thank you, Sir! :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1