Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Been lurking for a while and used couch on a site before. Now, im rebuilding my photography portfolio site and I want to offer the option to buy photo's direct from the website.

I do event Photography so you know the background behind the site.

Now, how I had thought of this working was...

Each event has its own listed page which holds the photo's from the event. ( Straight forward enough. )
A thumbnail gallery is how the photo's displayed on each event page which when clicked, uses a lightbox to view larger and to navigate through. This is where I wanted the "Buy" button to be placed.

This button takes the user to the options page for ordering. To include a dropdown for sizes & unmounted or mounted. And also Quantity. Once this done, the individual photo orders can be added to the cart for completion later on & payment etc.

This page also takes the user back to the last event page.

Now, this seems a logical way of doing the ordering but Im not sure where I need to start looking to get it to work if at all possible??

Im not after a complete coding to it, just the ecommerce section help really! :) The gallery & rest of the site I can sort as similar to to previous sites.

Thanks, and if anyone has another solution if this doesn't work, I would be grateful! :)

TIA,

Raz
Hi Raz,

What you described seems to be a straight-forward implementation of CouchCart - http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/s ... art-1.html
Wonder if you happened to take a look at it?

Clicking the 'buy' button will lead straight to the 'page-view' of the image where we show the various dropdowns. Display the 'Add to cart' button in this view. Rest of the steps remain the same as in the demo above.

Does this help?
kk,

Many thanks! I had looked at the couchcart pages but as usual, missed the obvious!

Seems to be relatively straightforward approach.

I am starting building the site tomorrow so will have a play and see what happens! No doubt be back if any problems!

Thanks for the help KK!

Regards,
Raz
3 posts Page 1 of 1