Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys I´ve been playing around with Couch before I start using it for my real projects. I´m really liking it cause its really really easy to port my designs to it (currently using WordPress with third party themes and struggling to customize them).

Right now I´m playing with the "on page editing", which really engage me, I read the docs and everything is fine but I´m having a small issue. Since I´m just playing around I loaded a page with a lot of editable regions (only to test every single possibility for a real site) and when I reload the page this is really slow.

Every time I make changes with "on page edit" the entire page is reloaded (currently on localhost it takes about 10 seconds, sometimes more sometimes less. I guess it will take more on my server). Is there any way to make on page editing (using popup) save the changes without reloading the entire page (something like when editing with inline edit)? I guess it´s done using Ajax but not sure (I´m a designer not Developer).

If possible I think this will solve the issue when the admin is editing the page but still when the page need to be accessed or reloaded will remain slow, is there some way to speed things up?

Maybe somebody developing complex sites had the same issue maybe I misconfigured something. I really haven't read all the docs but in searches cant find anything about it so I´m trying here.

Thanks in advance...
Hello and welcome, Joel :)

Your observation is correct -
'Inline edit' saves the page via AJAX while 'Popup edit' reloads the whole page.
There were technical issues that mandated these decisions.

Anyway, when popup edit refreshes the page after editing is complete, it is the same as you pressed F5 to refresh the page manually.

If this process takes 10 seconds, it has little to do with popup edit component really - your page per se is taking this much time to load regardless of whether or not inpage editing was used.

I think you need to find out what is causing this much time and rectify that problem.

Hope this helps.
Hi Joel,

If I understand it right..., maybe here http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8137 you can find the answer. With Cheesypoof code you could load only the ajax stuff you need in a modal window.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Thanks KK and Thanks Tomarnst I´ll check that post
Well regarding the speed issue I have to say I wiped the database, made a clean install and now the site loads faster even with lots of editable regions in a page, don't know what I did wrong before but now its a lot faster.
5 posts Page 1 of 1