Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I am trying to add the video plugin found here http://ckeditor.com/forums/Plugins/HTML5-Video to my ckeditor as the editors for the website I am working on may need to upload and link video. This is an internally hosted site and bandwidth is not an issue. I have added the
Code: Select all
config.extraPlugins = 'video'
line to the config.js in the includes>ckeditor folder but I am unsure of how to get the video input button to show up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Hi,

There is a provision of creating toolbar buttons not natively supported by 'richtext' type
by prefixing their names with a '#' character.
This can be used to create, for example, buttons like Scayt, BidiRtl, BidiLtr etc.
by using them as follows:
  custom_toolbar='cut,copy,paste,pastetext,-,spellchecker,#Scayt,#BidiRtl'

Note that these names are case-sensitive and should be used exactly as given in CKEditor docs.
These buttons are not supported by Couch and might not work properly. Also they
might need further tweaks to couch/includes/ckeditor/config.js file.

Hope this helps.
Wasn't having any luck with the addition of the plugin.

But that brings me to a second question, in CKeditor, I have the ability to edit the source. Can I utilize HTML5 video tags? It seems like this may be an issue because when I try and save, it returns me to the editing page and shows the source code I entered as plain text rather than rendering a video...

Sample code that I'm trying to input into the source section of ckeditor.

<video width="640" height="640" controls>
<source src="http://ssdcompatibility2/kb/couch/uploads/debrick_drive.mp4" type="video/mp4">
If you cannot see the video above, please utilize a newer browser.
</video>
Can I utilize HTML5 video tags? It seems like this may be an issue because when I try and save, it returns me to the editing page and shows the source code I entered as plain text rather than rendering a video...
As a security measure, there is a whitelist of tags that are accepted by 'richtext' editable region - rest are sanitized, which is what seems to be happening with the <video> tag.

You'll have to edit the 'couch/parser/HTMLparser.php' file and add 'video' in the '$safe_tags' array found at line 49 for this tag to be left unsanitized.

Hope this helps.
I use this all-purpose embed shortcode to add HTML5 video in CKEditor.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7950.

You could also create a dedicated shortcode specifically for the purpose, which would be cleaner on the back end.
So using KK's method and editing the htmlparser, i am able to get videos to load on my page, but getting them to upload via KCfinder is proving to be a difficult task. I can upload every other file extension except for movies. I have combed through the config files for KCFinder to see if there was something I'm missing.

When I try to upload a video file, it states "unknown error" which doesn't help me in the least bit...

Thoughts?
Maybe it is the size of the file resulting in out-of-memory condition?
Please try uploading some very small movie files (less than 2MB) to test if this is the case.
Is there any hope for an update so that Couch honors a custom CKEditor config? It would be nice to build your own CKEditor install and not have to worry about modifying Couch. Thoughts?
scottbeeson wrote: Is there any hope for an update so that Couch honors a custom CKEditor config? It would be nice to build your own CKEditor install and not have to worry about modifying Couch. Thoughts?

I believe that the next version of couch will have a new RTE (redactor, I believe?) so this seems unlikely. Though I don't speak for KK or other members, to me it seems unlikely
As long as my users can change the font color I'll be happy :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1