Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
hi Guys,

I am new to Couch CMS and need some help, I read the docs and think I need the listview to create my news articles for my newspage, please help me if I am wrong.

Attached is a screen shot of how the news articles will display, there wont be any links to full news article pages, just links to outside websites, so I do not need to create 'pages' for each news article.

what would the best way be? for the client I would like to make things simple, just enter the title, sub title, content, link + image for each new news article.

thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

Hello and welcome, Devan,

..just enter the title, sub title, content, link + image for each new news article.
I think you should use a clonable template and define editable regions for sub-title, content, link and image (title is already available).

For adding a news item, your client can then create a cloned page adding all the data mentioned above.

Attached is a screen shot of how the news articles will display..
You can use cms:pages to list the news items like that (adding pagination also).

..there wont be any links to full news article pages, just links to outside websites
Since you don't need to link to the page-view of each item, don't provide a link to that view. Just use the list-view.

, so I do not need to create 'pages' for each news article.
As mentioned, you do need to use pages as each page will represent a news item.

Does this answer your query?
Please let us know.

Thanks.
hi,

thank you for your quick reply :-)

please give me some direction, if I want to list the news articles on the homepage ( index.php ) which page do I make clonable? Index.php?'

PS: I just want to list ( listview ) the news items on the homepage.

thanks again
Make 'news.php' clonable.

You can list news on index.php by specifiying the 'masterpage' parameter e.g.
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='news.php' >
</cms:pages>

Hope this helps.
thank you so much, it works 100%, I love it :-)

I think, from now on, all my clients websites must run on couch cms.
You are welcome, Devan :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1