Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I have a quick question for you. Is there anyway possible if I could set a input password on the front end to a password input in the CMS? Basically like a mini login.

So far I have set up a password field in the CMS but didn't know if you could do logic between the too.

Attachments

Hi,

Making a password protected page entails a little more than simply providing a textbox and checking for the submitted values - you'll also have to set a cookie (or use some other mechanism) to persist the results (so that the visitor is shown the textbox only once per visit).

So if you get down to implementing the cookie mechanism, I'd suggest you better create a single 'authenticated user' level account from the admin panel and use it instead.

Set the access level of the protected page to 'Authenticated' from Advanced settings, give all the allowed users the same name/password and we are done.

Agreed, compared to a simple password protected page, the users will now need to remember two distinct values (name + password) but that really shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Hope this helps.
OK, thanks for the quick reply. I have set up the authenticated pages. But, other users with authenticated access will be able to see the page. The reason why I was trying to have password protect ed pages is because there is downloadable content per page created. I'll work on a work around.

Thanks

P.S loving CouchCMS! Just waiting on the re-design admin panel :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1