Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi

Thanks for info on the build - I will check that and see if I am on the latest version - if not will update and try again.

The sites I am having a problem with are hosted with 1and1 and it was their communication about charging for PHP 5.2 support that set me off on the track of upgrading as I had been running the sites on 5.2 - this is where the issues started... I wouldn't have thought it was a 1ad1 issue though I am upgrading a running system and not installing from scratch...

Phil
I've just tried out the 1and1 upgrade from php 5.2 to 5.5 on one of my own sites using Couch 1.3 and it all seems fine. The switch from 5.2 to 5.5 took a minute or two to complete within the 1and1 control panel. I checked it had taken effect via a <?php phpinfo(); ?> and then looked over the Couch Admin Panel and the front end.
UPDATE: the Couch version for the site that worked OK with the PHP upgrade was 1.3.5.

I've just upgraded to 5.5 on a client site running Couch 1.3 RC1 and I got the blank screen you described Phil.

I was hoping to get this sorted with minimum fuss - but looks like I'll have to try the Couch upgrade on this (& other sites). Will let you know what happens.
Hi

Thanks for the update - as mine are client sites I have to be careful what I experiment with as it takes them offline for a while... However I think one might be on Couch 1.3 RC1 as I was using the Shopping Cart functionality in that. This is the one where I get a blank screen for both the website and the admin page on PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6. The other site I think may be more up to date but will check later. This is the one where the website functions ok on any PHP but the admin screen only works on 5.2 and not 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6...

I guess the best course of action is to make sure all sites have latest CouchCMS and then retest again at PHP 5.5. Not too difficult a job though I do white label and have done some specific tweaks and use an admin theme so I have to take care of during a CouchCMS upgrade so need make sure I can do this with minimal impact to my clients.

Thanks

Phil
Just upgraded the client site from Couch 1.3 RC1 / PHP 5.2 to Couch 1.4 / PHP 5.5 and all working fine.
Hi

That's good news - I will proceed with upgrading client sites to Couch 1.4 in that case and then upgrade the PHP to 5.5. Thanks for doing the testing and confirming this works.

Best Regards

Phil
I have managed to take one of the sites off-line (the one that wouldn't show the website or the admin page in PHP 5.5 - I think this was on CouchCMS 1.3RC) and upgraded it to CouchCMS 1.4 along with my tweaks and white labelling and once done I upgraded to PHP 5.5 and works as expected :D

Will be doing the other one soon.

Thanks for all your help - really glad to get to the bottom of this.

Phil
Yes - all working on PHP5.5 with the other site too now. Although it was saying it was at CouchCMS 1.4 when I was having problems decided to do an update anyway to overwrite all files and redo my tweaks and all is working correctly now - I can enjoy the weekend now :D

Thanks for all you help.

Phil
18 posts Page 2 of 2