Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello.
I have created a simple blog based on couchcms tutorial. I have also included dynamic folders, so users can create their own folders when posting a new blog content.

This is the part of the website where all users have access to and it works great.

Now i would like to create a different blog template where different administrator could create blog posts for different folders, for example: Admin1 would be able to create a blog only for folderA) and admin2 only for folderB and so on ...

Is this possible?

Thank you!
Hello jz,

Access to the admin-panel is a "all or nothing" affair at the moment - nobody except admins can access the panel and once an admin is in she has access to everything in there.

So, I am afraid, we cannot restrict admins the way you mentioned.
Maybe you can do what you want using databound forms, and possibly the members module.

What I have done in a similar (but different) circumstance is to use a databound form mirroring the editable regions of the template. I assign the template's editors the role of "authenticated user." An authenticated user can't access the admin panel, but I can let them log in to the databound form using the access_level parameter on the template tag. So they can add and edit pages for that template only.

Or you can use the <cms:if> tag and Couch variables to manage access to the template. For instance, <cms:if k_user_name = 'Admin1' >...</cms:if>.

Your case sounds a little different. But I think that being creative with databound forms is your best bet for now.
3 posts Page 1 of 1