Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am really new to couch cms as just integrated it into my clients and so far looks perfect, just one thing I can't work out

My client wants to add pages himself from the cms and add the pages to the nav menu and some will be a sub menu of a parent heading in the nav menu if that makes sense

I read it is possible by reading about nested pages but unsure how to do it

Can anyone help please

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Ian
Hello and welcome, Ian.

You are right - creating the kind of menu you mentioned can be done in Couch using 'Nested Pages'. The process is explained in detail at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/n ... maker.html. I suggest you please take a look at it.

In case you find anything in the mentioned link difficult to understand or need further explanation, please let us know and we can discuss those points.

Thanks.
Hi KK

Thank you for the reply

So far I have made a clonable template page called page.php and uploaded it to the root of the clients website, is that right?

Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'cms/cms.php' ); ?>
<?php
$title = "Jamasco Marine & Offshore Services Limited";

$pgDesc="";

$pgKeywords="";

include ( 'includes/header.php' );
?>
<!--CONTENT-->

<cms:template clonable='1' nested_pages='1' editable name='main_content' type='richtext'>

</cms:template>

<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

<!--CONTENT-->

<?php include( 'includes/footer.php' ); ?>

Is that the right coding for couch cms?

Once got that right, I will continue to the next step, just trying to understand it all, sorry

Kind regards

Ian
Except that the <?php COUCH::invoke(); ?> statement needs to be the very last line of code in the template, everything else looks fine.

May I suggest something? Please go through (just take a cursory look if you don't have the time) the step-by-step tutorial we have http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -site.html

I'm sure it'll clear up all the basic questions you might have.

Do let us know if you need explanation about anything specific.
Thank you really appreciate it, have got the html files downloaded now and going through each step

the bit I can't work out is the following

It says to add <cms:template title='Home Page' /> in to give the page a name in the admin side rather than the filename, but have done it for the index.php file but still says index.php in the admin side

Sorry to be a pain

Kind regards

Ian
I think you are missing the 'visit the template as super-admin for the changes to be picked up' step. Please try that and let me know.
Sorry am still confused, I am logging in as the super user, even checked the users page in the admin side and says the role is super user?
Please do the following -
1. Click the 'index.php' entry shown in admin sidebar.
2. From the screen on the right find and click the 'View' button.

This will take you to index.php on the front-end while you are logged-in as super-admin.
The changes you made should get persisted now.
Come back to the admin-panel and refresh it to see if the name changes.
Thank you so much, that worked perfect

Will carry on now with the rest if the tutorial steps, is it ok to post again if I get stuck on anything, hopefully not though touch wood

Kind regards

Ian
9 posts Page 1 of 1