Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there
I have changed our website to a database driven site using Couch CMS. I have changed the database information matching that of our web hosting. When I refresh the page it is pointing to the Admin Panel, what can I do to rectify this? Please help.
So you've made a local version of your website and try to upload it to hosting? You should transfer not only the files via ftp, but also copy your local MySQL base to hosting via phpmyadmin. This base contains all your information
Hello and welcome, pitta :)

You'll find the possible reasons for this behaviour discussed in the following thread -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7285&p=10161

I suggest you please follow these steps -
1. Navigate to your site's Couch admin-panel (not the homepage or any other page) first.
If prompted for a login, enter the super-admin creds you specified during the installation.

2. Take a look at the sidebar.
Is your homepage template (index.php most probably) listed there?
If not, now open up another tab of the very browser you have the admin-panel opened in.
In this tab open up your homepage - you should not get a login prompt (as you are already logged-in)

3. Go back to the admin-panel and refresh it.
The homepage template should now appear in the sidebar. It is registered now and shouldn't prompt for a login anymore.

4. Register all your other templates the same way so that they all appear in the sidebar.

Finally, assuming the registration of templates was indeed the problem, I'd like to say that people invariably always develop a site on local system first and then migrate it online.
Couch has a migration utility (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/miscellane ... erver.html). If that is used for moving the site online it takes care of all the registration hassles.

Do let us know if this helps.
Thanks.
Hi pitta,

Thanks for granting me access to your site.
I had a look an can see the problem.

Please do the following -
Login using your super-admin account.
Edit any of the templates, click the 'Advanced settings' dropdown on top-right. You'll see that the 'Access level' says 'Super Admin'.

That is the problem. The access needs to be 'Everybody'. Set it to 'Everybody' and save.

You should now be able to access the page alright.

Hope this helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1