Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there!
This is probably going to be one of those questions where it turns out I'm missing something dead obvious! So here it is *drumroll*

If I purchase a licence for my client's website - how do I remove the "Powered by Couch CMS" footer?

Welcome to the Couch Community, ticalex!

If you have a look at the very bottom of the "Downloads & License" page in the Couch website, you will see the following:

I am okay with giving credit where it is due. However, the 'Powered by CouchCMS' link automatically added to all generated pages is plain ugly and does not go with my site's design. Is there a way to turn this behavior off? Of course, I'll manually place the required link (in a suitable place and with my styling) in all templates managed by Couch.

Thank you for your understanding. The automatically injected footer link is just a gentle reminder with regards to the attribution requirement and we have no wish of imposing it on you.

You are absolutely free to turn it off if you wish to manually code the backlink.
To do so, please edit the 'couch/config.php' file and set the following to '1'

Code: Select all
define( 'K_REMOVE_FOOTER_LINK', 0 );

As you can see, it's pretty easy! :)

I can also tell you, that once you purchase a license, you will get an email with detailed instructions on how to 'white-label' the backend - ie., how to remove the logo and mention of Couch from the backend, so you can either use your own, or your client's.

I hope this info helps!
Excuse me while I go and facepalm so hard that I end up with a handful of grey matter!
I didn't even notice that :/
Thanks for the help and info and also the ultra-speedy reply!!
3 posts Page 1 of 1