Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I've finished setting up CouchCMS on my site, and everything is working great. There's a finishing touch I'd like to add, though, which seems like it would be simple, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

I have a listing along the lefthand side of the admin panel of about 15 templates I've created. It looks a little messy, and I'd like to make it look neater for my client. I'd like to group some of the templates together in folders. None of them are clonable templates, so I'm not sure whether something like this is possible.

I'll try to demonstrate what I mean. My admin panel template list looks something like this:

Template A
Template B1
Template B2
Template B3
Template C
Template D1
Template D2
Template E

I'd prefer something more like this:

Template A
Folder B (contains templates B1, B2, and B3)
Template C
Folder D (contains templates D1 and D2)
Template E

Is this possible? Am I making sense?
I think this is currently being developed as from what i understand this isnt possible

Thanks, Sii
This doesn't directly answer your question, but it's maybe another way of thinking about cleaning up. I have a website where only the clonable templates are exposed to the user in the admin panel. All the rest are hidden and accessible only through on-page editing.

Another thought would be to combine B1, B2, and B3 into a single template. It's easy to pick out what you want to show where on the front end. The templates on the back end don't necessarily have to match the pages on the front.

Just some ideas.
I appreciate your thoughts on the matter, Tim.
Does anyone know a way to simply reorder the items in the admin? From what I can tell, the "order" parameter is only for fields within a template and does not seem to work on pages.
By default, Couch places templates in the admin panel in the order in which they are added to the site. But you can use the order parameter in the template tag to specify the way you want them ordered in the admin panel. Don't forget to visit the page as super-admin to make your changes take effect.
Code: Select all
<cms:template title='This Page' order='10' >

Here's a bonus tip. Use the BASIC programmer's technique of numbering by tens so if you later need to slip in a template you don't have to renumber them all. 8-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1