Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Couch for my first Site. I am using Repeatable Regions to display events on an events page. The site is a built similar to Parralax specs where each page flows to the next. I have two questions.
(1) Currently my repeatable regions only "show" when the site is viewed at index.php?p=11 with prettyurls turned off of course. I need to "show" the regions when the site is viewed at just index.php how can I achieve this?

(2) Can the admin panel back-end be customized? For example as it is the repeatable regions display in rows and each row is very crowded due to the number of cells. In addition the prompts for things like showing date format don't show up. How can I customize the back end with repeatable regions?

Thanks.
Lots of style and minimal fuss, if only everyday could be that easy.
Hello and welcome, Rotimi :)

Currently my repeatable regions only "show" when the site is viewed at index.php?p=11.. I need to "show" the regions when the site is viewed at just index.php

If you notice the syntax of cms:show_repeatable tag e.g.
Code: Select all
<cms:show_repeatable 'my_multiple_images' >
</cms:show_repeatable>
you'll observe that we only specify the name of the repeatable region and not the page to which it belongs.

This is because cms:show_repeatable always shows data from the page in the context of which it is used.
This is usually the current page one is visiting.

However, we can show regions belonging to a different page by using cms:show_repeatable in the context of that page e.g.
suppose we are on 'index.php' but we want to show a repeatable region defined in a page named 'xyz' of 'events.php'.
We can do so by
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='events.php' page_name='xyz' >
   <cms:show_repeatable 'my_multiple_images' >
   </cms:show_repeatable>
</cms:pages>

Notice how we use cms:pages tag to fetch the page that contains the repeatable region and then display it.
(If the 'events.php' is not a clonable template, we can skip the 'page_name' parameter.)

Replying to your other question -
Can the admin panel back-end be customized? For example as it is the repeatable regions display in rows and each row is very crowded due to the number of cells. In addition the prompts for things like showing date format don't show up. How can I customize the back end with repeatable regions?

I'm afraid there is not much we can do to customize the back-end for now - you can try injecting you own CSS through editable region of type 'message' but that won't change the tabular structure of repeatable regions.

As for the 'prompts' not showing - we can set the 'desc' and 'label' field. If that is not sufficient, an effective method is to use an editable region of type 'message' just above the repeatable region and display whatever HTML you wish.

Hope this answers your queries.
2 posts Page 1 of 1