Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Can someone please help me? I've created a clonable page which I can't remove out of the cms. I've tried everything! Now I have two 'event' pages.

I already removed other clonable pages successfully, but this seems to be a tough one. :?

Attachments

I would like to show the next event on my homepage. I know how to do this, but I accidentally copied the whole cloned page code to my homepage. Now, the cms menu is showing the event calendar twice. I tried everything, searched the whole forum, refreshed pages, etc... but it won't go away. How can I delete it? Any ideas?

From the screenshot it is not clear what is the actual name of the spurious 'Events' template.
Please hover your mouse on it in the sidebar and the tooltip will show its name.

Let us assume the name shows up as 'homepage.php'.
Now you'll have to decide whether
a. You want to delete 'homepage.php' itself and remove its entry (falsely showing up as 'Events')
or
b. You want to retain 'homepage.php' but would only like it to show up with its own name (rather than as 'Events').

If the answer is 'a' -
1. Delete the physical 'homepage.php' template from you server.
2. Coming back to the admin-panel you'll notice that the system no longer allows you to create new cloned pages out of the missing template but the existing cloned pages still show up.
3. Select and delete all existing cloned pages.
4. You'll now be prompted to remove the template's entry from the system. Do so and that would be it.

If the answer is 'b' -
1. Open up 'homepage.php' in your text editor.
2. If you see the following code within it
<cms:template clonable='1' title='Events'>
make it
<cms:template clonable='0' title='Masterpage'>

If you don't find the above mentioned tag, place the following somewhere at the top of the template (below the PHP statement of course)
<cms:template clonable='0' title='Masterpage'> </cms:template>

I am assuming that masterpage.php is non-clonable. If it is not, make the clonable parameter '1'.
3. Visit the template as super-admin and getting back to the admin-panel you should see the new changes visible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Yeah! It worked.

The clonable template should be in index.php, but I removed it a while ago. Somehow it kept visible in the cms menu. Now I completely removed index.php from the server and I was able to remove the menu item. After that I put index.php back on the server.

Problem solved!!

Thanks!
You are welcome :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1