Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all

On my site I display some Vimeo videos using a video player with playlist. (something like this here: http://luwes.co/labs/vimeo-playlist/)
Please let me know if I can set the commenting functionality for each video and how.. I read the documentation that comments can be attached to any Couch page.

I have an image attached just to give you an idea.

Kindly help if you can.
thanks a lot.

video_comments.gif
video_comments.gif (12.06 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Hi @couchusr

Comments can be added to only individual pages.

From what I could gather, your site is showing videos in a queued manner on a single page (i.e. the videos change but the page remains the same).
This will rule out enabling comments for *each* video, as the comments would all belong to the parent page.

One could possibly fall back on using JS to show/hide only relevant comments but that is beyond the purview of Couch.

Hope this answers the query.
Thanks a lot KK.
So maybe I have to look at some other way to showcase the videos - like when clicking on a thumbnail, it opens in a new page with that video id in the url.
when clicking on a thumbnail, it opens in a new page with that video id in the url.
I think that would be just fine.
Hi KK,
I figured out a way to get the video id (vimeo api) from the gallery thumbnails.
Now kindly tell me if you can whether we can call a page with the video player when a video thumbnail is clicked. (like ../video.php?id=xxxxxxxx)
Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi,

Not sure how you have structured the section but, to answer your specific question, you can use cms:add_querystring tag (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... tring.html) to append the video id to the page's URL.

Thanks
Thanks a lot KK.
Please see the attached php file (zip), which embeds a gallery of video for a (vimeo) user.
The thumbnails points to the vimeo video (tag)
Can we use this info to pass to add_querystring?
Thanks again..

Attachments

I had a look and the script fetches ids of all videos belonging to an album (or a group or a channel or a user) and then uses JS to display them on a 'single' page (again the single page problem).

I have a question -
Are the videos that you want to show known beforehand?

If so, the cleanest solution would be to create a cloned page for each video (entering the video's in an editable region). If the videos are grouped together we can create a 'folder' for each group/album etc.
It'd be simple now to show the video using regular Couch techniques.

The key remains that we need to know the IDs of the videos.
Thanks KK, really appreciate your patience.
The person is a videographer and he adds videos to Vimeo. So videos may be updated frequently and he wants them (to be shown) on the website also.
In that case, it should be a straightforward implementation (very much like the 'portfolio' of our tutorials) -

Use a clonable template supporting dynamic-folders and comments.
Define a field for the video ID (and others like 'desc' etc. if you wish).
For each video create a cloned page using folders to group them.
On the front-end use the ID to display the video (the code you posted can be adapted for this or you could use the vimeo shortcode discussed at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6956).

Let me know if you require any help.
11 posts Page 1 of 2