Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, first of all, a great product, site is almost ready within hours!
I have several templates thrown into a multilingual site, so far only minor problems thanks to the excellent documentation and tutorials (I'm more a designer, not a programmer so it's really sweet to be able to copy paste codes and seeing them just work as expected).
There is a portfolio section, where I've enabled clonable pages to define each image and its details. Images, captions and other details are shown within Flexslider, all in the home page and I dont need to have separate detail page (although I've defined also a page view in case admin wants to see a preview). Just wondering if it's possible, and if yes, how to be able to have alternative view of the same image gallery. I want to have default "Slideshow view" and optional "Grid view". Does it relates in any way to somehow setting URL variable and displaying listing layout according to it? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Hi and welcome to our forums :)

There is an old thread discussing almost the same issue at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=309.

I'll paraphrase the solution discussed in that thread here for you -

You have two links (slideshow and grid).
In the grid's link, we'll add a parameter named 'grid'
Code: Select all
<a href="<cms:show k_page_link />" >Slideshow View</a>
<a href="<cms:add_querystring k_page_link 'grid=1' />" >Grid View</a>

Now while displaying the listing, we can check if the 'grid' parameter is present in the querystring and choose the type of listing accordingly
<cms:if "<cms:gpc 'grid' />" >
   ..  show grid
<cms:else />
   ..  show slideshow
</cms:if>

For sake of cleaner code, we can use embeds to keep the grid markup and slideshow markup in separate files e.g.
<cms:if "<cms:gpc 'grid' />" >
   <cms:embed 'grid_view.html' />
<cms:else />
   <cms:embed 'slideshow_view.html' />
</cms:if>

Hope this helps.
Do let us know. Thanks.
Yes, this works like a charm!
Actually, another question popping up, probably I shoud start another thread but.. it's related to multilingual folder names. Appears I need different categories for portoflio sections, thought about folders but because of the multilanguage restraint just duplicated my main portfolio page to list the other sections and put links in navigation with if statements that check language. Do we have the chance to use folder names as navigation in more than one language? Sorry if questions are a bit naive, had no idea about Couch a day ago..
Glad it helped, gali :)

Regarding the folders, I am not sure how you have structured the site.
Could you please open a new thread and post your site's (multilingual) structure there?
Perhaps we could figure out something.

Thanks.
4 posts Page 1 of 1