Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Can you create a multipage template? I've been looking over the image gallery example and it seems they use the same layout for thumbnails and actual images. What if you have two distinct layouts? One for the thumbnail page, and a separate image page featuring the image as well as a seprate area for text and navigating thumbnails, etc... it's all different code.

Here are the two pages as they are currently designed:

Gallery Main Page:

http://www.chrisnuzzaco.com/storage/new ... llery.html

Image View Page:

http://www.chrisnuzzaco.com/storage/new ... yout5.html

I also need the ability to dnamically add new galleries and have them appear in the Photography menu.
Hi,

Couch is 'markup agnostic'.

The image-gallery example you mentioned is, well, just an example.
You are absolutely free to use any markup on the front-end.
The technique remains the same - use cms:pages tag to loop through the images, cms:folders to loop through the folders and output whatever markup you desire.

Please let us know if you require help with implementing any particular layout.

Thanks.
Not sure if you edited the original post but I seem to have missed the links you gave.
OK, so the two links actually represent the 'list-view' and the 'page-view' respectively.

As mentioned in the tutorials etc., we can check for the current view and then use cms:embed to show the right layout. For example as follows -
Code: Select all
<cms:if k_is_list >
   <cms:embed 'gallery.html' />
<cms:else />
   <cms:embed 'layout5.html' />
</cms:if>

Does this help?
That is starting to make a bit more sense. I was under the impression that the editing tags and the html had to all be in the same document, not spearated from each other.
I've gotten the test page working for one gallery - page view and list view both working, as well as the mini gallery listing the thumbs :)

Can sub folders have a list view showing all the folders thumbnails? Ideally, I would like one gallery template page in the Admin that can handle creating multiple galleries with their own list views. I also need a way to generate complete unordered lists for them in the menu of the site that look like this:

Category Name (non link)
Link to Gallery
Link to Gallery

Category Name (non link)
Link to Gallery
etc...

I've given this code a try:

Code: Select all
<cms:if k_is_folder >
            <cms:embed 'gallery_list_view.html' />

<cms:if k_is_list >
            <cms:embed 'gallery_list_view.html' />

When I went to the admin panel, navigated to the folder, and clicked on view, it just takes me to gallery.php and I see only the top level stuff.
5 posts Page 1 of 1