Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Searching the net for an API to send SMS over the web, I came across Nexmo https://www.nexmo.com/. After signing up I have received 2 Euro credit for testing how it works, and what can I say... I have received the short messages instantly after sending them from my website.
The downloaded example.php looks like:
Code: Select all
<?php

include ( "NexmoMessage.php" );

/**
    * To send a text message.
    */

// Step 1: Declare new NexmoMessage.
   $nexmo_sms = new NexmoMessage('api_key', 'api_secret');

// Step 2: Use sendText( $to, $from, $message ) method to send a message.
   $info = $nexmo_sms->sendText( '+447234567890', 'MyApp', 'Hello!' );

// Step 3: Display an overview of the message
   echo $nexmo_sms->displayOverview($info);

// Done!

?>

It seems easy to integrate with Couch, however the main issue with it is that it doesn't allows sending messages to multiple numbers at once :(
I'm wondering if Couch can be used to minimize this disadvantage of the API and implement it in a way that helps automating the SMS sending process.
Hi atisz. Could you explain how you would like to use this SMS functionality?
First time I was thinking to something minimal but ideally would be to create some lists, add people to lists (name, mobile phone number) and then send messages from a (password protected) front-end page (containing a form with option to select the desired recipients list and a message field). Thinking like this it doesn't seem so easy anymore, but with Couch you never know :)
The list part could be implemented maybe with cloned pages/folders or pages with repeatable regions.
As I have found out at Nexmo:
"One recipient per request": is the rule for obvious spamming reason, since we are directly connected to a lot of carriers around the world. However it doesn't prevent you to send high volume traffic, you just need to be able to send request in parallel. By default your account has a 5 sms/sec limit but could be increased accordingly depending on volume. We have clients sending millions of messages on a daily basis, so one recipient per request is a non issue.
3 posts Page 1 of 1