Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Forum!

I wonder, if it would be a problem for Couch (or me, because I am not into databanks) to use databank that is already used for something else?
On my webspace I have only 3 databanks and I have there 3 Domains.
Two of them use Couch and I have 2 separate databanks for that. The 3rd databank I use for Piwik and Seo Panel.

I want to install Couch for my 3rd domain now, and I do not know which databank to use for that.

Any advice?

Thanks in Advance

Tanja
Hi Tanja,

If we think of a database as a simple container where applications (like Couch or Piwik) store their tables, it is easy to see that multiple applications can use the same database provided the names of their tables do no not clash.

All the Couch tables, by default, begin with 'couch_' so the likelihood of name clash with other applications is minimal.

To be doubly sure (or in cases where you install multiple copies of Couch in the same database), you can set a table prefix unique to each installation. Following is where we do it in config.php
// 7b.
// Needed only if multiple instances of this CMS are to be installed in the same database
// (please use only alphanumeric characters or underscore (NO hyphen) )
define( 'K_DB_TABLES_PREFIX', 'tanja_' );

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!!!!

Amazing - but not surprising- there is a simple solution for everything with Couch!!!

I thought I'll have to do something from inside that php-Adminstration. The very idea made me chill, since I know nothing about it!!!

I've just seen, I have discovered Couch in 2012, and it really changes a lot , very positively, within my practice...I think I said this before, but Couch really makes me happy :-)

Thanks Kamran!!!!

Tanja
You are welcome, Tanja.
Always great to have you on the forum :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1