Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm new to Couch and really liking what I see so far! It's great that I can specify exact areas of a page which the client can edit, and this should really help keep the integrity of the design. However I'm currently working on a page where I would like the editable area to be more of a 'free format', with the client able to add images, text and formatting - a bit like editing in Wordpress. Please could anyone suggest a good way to do this with Couch? I wondered if a repeatable area might be useful, but there might be a few images on any particular section, or none at all. I might be missing something but would I have to place specific image tags to allow images to the uploaded? Suggestions welcome!

Thank you
I think what you're looking for is the 'richtext' type of editable region (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... htext.html). It's a WYSIWYG editor much like you have in WordPress, but it's customizable to provide as much or as little freedom as you want. It can also be styled to match the actual output. You can not only add images into the richtext editor, but also tables and other media. Give it a whirl.
Hello Tim and thank you for your reply. The richtext editor is perfect, I guess my question should have been more specific about images. With the 'add image' button of the editor I need to have my image already on the server and know the link, and my client will not be able to do this. He will need to upload an image from his PC but the only way I can see to do this is to a 'editable image' tag to the page However I don't know how many images will be added to a page, and there may be none at all.

Is there a way to allow the client to add images to the page without specifying in advance where all the image tags would go? (similar to how the Wordpress editor works)

Thank you
Ellen
Hi Ellen,

With the 'add image' button of the editor I need to have my image already on the server and know the link
This is not true.
Clicking the 'image' button of CKeditor brings up a dialog box for inputting the image's path.
This box also has a 'Browse Server' button.
This is the one we'd be interested in as pressing this will open up the same file-manager as that you get using the 'editable image' tag you mentioned.

Using this file-manager, you client can either choose an image already residing on the server or can upload fresh images from local system to the server.

I suggest, if possible, you please upgrade to Couch v1.4 (available at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7713).
This will allow the use of the new file-manager which should be more intuitive to the client.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the prompt reply! After a bit more digging I see that I didn't get the option to upload an image because I was using 'nicedit' instead of 'richtext'. Anyway I'll upgrade the version and try out the new file manager too... thanks for your help :)
OK, so that explains the confusion :)
Do let us know if you require any further help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1