Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am using couchsms for a small online business selling a few products, as well as a blog. I am not a developer or designer. I have a theme from themeforest.

I know the documentation for the shopping cart specifically says that it is not an order management system or customer management system (yet!) but I was wondering if you have any near-future plans for expanding the shopping cart features?

Or perhaps other users have some suggestions on ideas or other software?

Print Invoices: I have come across paypal management software that gets the info from paypal to create a csv file, and I am aware that using excel I could do a mail merge but I can't work it out. So ideally I want to create my own invoice without having to copy and paste all the info from paypal!

Send emails: Send the customer a order confirmation email and then later a dispatch email.

Or would I be better with shopping cart software (although they all seem bloated, hard to theme and/or don't have blogging capabilities.
Hi,

We do have plans to expand the feature set of CouchCart although the native features of next releases will automatically make most of these features available without any special module.

For example - the upcoming release supporting user-submitted contents will make it possible to capture PayPal IPN confirmations as Couch's cloned pages which can be acted upon further.

For the time being, however, if importing the csv file from PayPal can serve your purpose, please PM me a sample csv file (and the link to the PayPal management system you mentioned).
I'll see if we can coax the data into Couch. If that becomes possible, it'd be trivial to use the data for further actions like printing invoices or sending mails.

Thanks.
Thank you! I've sent the pm :) I forgot to mention that the paypal management software doesn't seem to have current support, I'm not sure how viable it is long term which is why I was hoping for the features in couch.
I am not a developer but I can follow instructions!
3 posts Page 1 of 1