Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Is there a reason why I get a "page not found" message if the client (admin) deletes all entries in the admin?

The page is a cloneable. So it appears in the list view obviously.
Might it have something to do with pretty urls enabled?

edit: only if I login as super admin, reload the website and reload the admin panel (which generates a new page) it works again. I suppose it's an obligatory page, but how will this result for my client in cases like this. This actually happened during a presentation towards the client while they asked if deleting pages was possible... Maybe if the cms threw an exception in cases like this, this would be handy.
Hi,

You are right - the problem surfaces when the 'default page' gets deleted.
Normally, when the template is revisited, this default page gets created again. However, this happens only when the visitor is a super-admin.
For normal user (as in your client's case), the page does not get created and this results in a 404 error.

I agree there has to be a better solution but this whole default page thing is tied pretty intricately with how Couch works internally and will require some amount of rethinking.

For now, I suggest that when you as the super-admin add a new template to the system, simply unpublish the default page and set its title to prominently state 'Do not delete!'.

I've added this issue to the todo list and will definitely look into it.

Thanks.
Will do. Thanks.
KK wrote: For now, I suggest that when you as the super-admin add a new template to the system, simply unpublish the default page and set its title to prominently state 'Do not delete!'.

:idea: As an extra idiot proof solution to your temporarly solution:
Login as the super-admin, and via advanced settings (on that post), set the role to super-admin.
When logged in as admin, the client won't be able to delete it at all (even when selecting everything and hit delete and confirm. All the rest will but not posts administered by the super-admin only)!
I must say, that is brilliant thinking :P
5 posts Page 1 of 1