Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello hello everyone!

I have a client from Italy who wants to register domain at aruba.it, and I want to install Couch there.
In the documentation for Couch it says:
IMPORTANT! Microsoft IIS web server is NOT supported.

Aruba offers Linux Hosting but I am not sure if this is fine, because they mention Windows 2008 platform there. That stuff is not something I know , so if anyone could look at this and tell me if I can install couch there.

I post the description below
Thaks in advance

Tanja

SERVER
Windows 2008 platform
Linux platform in cluster
Unlimited Disk Space
Raid 10 System
Storage EMC2 Celerra
Unlimited traffic
Best-effort bandwidth in 47.000 Mbit/s WebFarm

DATABASE
MDB Access
MSSQL Server
MySQL

SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
Supp. Microsoft .NET Framework
Supp. Visual Studio .NET
PHP 5
PERL 5.6.1 or higher
ASP.NET 3.5/4.0
ASP 3.0
ADO .NET
XML 4
WAP
GDlib
Imagemagick
It's always beter to ask THE hosting company. Just give them THE specifications and ask for THE optional ones as well.

But they have php5 and mysql supported, so it looks fine at first sight. Ask them wich package corresponds to THE specifications...
Thanks for taking your time to reply....
I would have asked the hosting company, but it seems not to have option for e-mail contact before one buys anything there and I have not yet found another possibility to ask...

Tanja
Hi Tanja :)

I had a look at aruba.it and, it seems, this is the page you mentioned (Linux hosting) -
http://hosting.aruba.it/hosting_con_spa ... ?offerta=2

It indeed mentions 'Windows 2008 platform' but if you look further on right side of the table, you'll see that this option is marked '-' i.e. 'Not available' (as are other Windows specific features like .NET, Aspmail etc.).

It is strange that they make no mention of the web server they use. They do mention mod_rewrite etc. elsewhere so the web server has to be Apache or its ilk (it definitely cannot be IIS) so I think it is safe to assume that Couch should work fine there.

Hope this helps.
Thank you veeeery much! As always...

best regrads

Tanja
You are always welcome, Tanja :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1