Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I pretty much did with couch what I wanted to do for a project and as a last thing I tried to enable prettylinks as described on the docs; which resulted in a breakdown (eg. css not loading) of the site's urls because of the mod_rewrite rule not set on my localhost (MAMP).

After having the issue I tried this script as described here (after been looking for a solution) it resulted in saying: HTTP_MOD_REWRITE is not set :(

Thus I wanted to disable prettyURLs again, but with the same issue. I've deleted the .htaccess file and tried a blank one as well but with the same breakup. I've used php includes (menu) in a template as well, maybe this is causing this but after the deletion and prettyURL set off in the config file I suppose that shouldn't deliver a remaining problem.

I currently use MAMP and have different folders setup in .htdocs to work with different projects.
(the .htaccess file is placed in the root of the folder of the project).
I'm figuring out how to deal with MAMP and the rewrite rule right now, but it seems very confusing. My main concern would be if this was a live environment, so a fallback towards this would be handy to know what to do in cases like this.

Is there any way to reset this in any way? (empty .htacces doesn't seem to work).

As a sidenote: (tip for the docs)
1. I think it would be beneficial to have a warning saying about the mod_rewrite rule to be tested with the script before going any further.
2. I suppose the .htccess described in the docs, should be .htaccess (typo)?
docs wrote: Select and copy the ENTIRE content of the page (press Ctrl + A) and paste it into a file named '.htccess' and place this file in your website's root.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Apparently the good old "clear caches" on the browser did the trick for restoring into prettyURLs disabled...
edit: Apparently the good old "clear caches" on the browser did the trick for restoring into prettyURLs disabled...
That is what I thought :)
Setting prettyURLs to '0' in config file and deleting .htaccess file reverses 100% all the changes.

As a sidenote: (tip for the docs)
1. I think it would be beneficial to have a warning saying about the mod_rewrite rule to be tested with the script before going any further.
2. I suppose the .htccess described in the docs, should be .htaccess (typo)?
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll get that done.
2 posts Page 1 of 1