Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Maybe I'm missing out on something but do groups actually work with repeatable regions?
I found a thread upon a few issues with them in rendering correct so I suppose it's (still) possible...

I can make several groups but not with repeatable regions. My code: (tried several possibilities)
Code: Select all
    <cms:repeatable name='kolomContent' >
      <cms:editable name='NIEUWSKOLOM' label='NIEUWSKOLOM' desc='Een gestructureerde lijst van nieuws items in kolomvorm' type='group' />
         <cms:editable
            type='text'
            name='kolom_afbeelding'
            group='NIEUWSKOLOM'
            label='NIEUWS_kolom_afbeelding_link' />
            type='text'
            name='kolom_titel'
            group='NIEUWSKOLOM'
            label='NIEUWS_kolom_titel' />
            type='nicedit'
            name='kolom_tekst'
            group='NIEUWSKOLOM'
            label='NIEUWS_kolom_tekst' />
   </cms:repeatable>

:idea: ps: as a sidenote and suggestion for future improvement, I think it would be more user friendly if you could close and expand the groups by simply clicking on them (and maybe make them drag&dropable)? Now I need to scroll all the way down to go to the second group to open that one and only then the first one closes. If I was able to click and close the first one, I wouldn't need to scroll...

Thanks in advance.
Child-regions contained within the repeatable section (i.e. the outer table) cannot be grouped (which is what your code seems to be doing). Frankly, I cannot see what this grouping would serve as all the contained regions are displayed in a single row. Can you please let me know what you have in mind?

However, the table itself can be grouped with other top-level editable regions.

As for your suggestion regarding how the groups should be displayed - I agree, that is something that needs working upon. Good news is that @cheesypoof is working on a brand new admin panel design that works the way you described :)

Thanks.
Hi KK,

Frankly I try to get less clutter in the admin page and settle everything in groups for quick and handy editing according to the sections I want to address.

I'm working towards 6 pages that look a like but not completely (eg. difference in colours and languages). Therefore I'm creating 6 templates that hold all the necessary information. I think 6 admin pages for 6 front-end pages would be advisable regarding the user friendly approach and to keep things as simple as possible.

If the repeatable regions could be collapsed, that would benefit in less scrolling as this was my only concern.

ps: Your support has and is always very helpful. I've got some future projects in mind and they will come with the additional license for sure! I'm really looking forward to see Cheesyproof's responsive admin panel released (and maybe those bootstrap tabs instead of groups 8-) ).
If the repeatable regions could be collapsed, that would benefit in less scrolling as this was my only concern.
Yes, the entire table can be collapsed - please use the 'group' parameter with the cms:repeatable tag like this
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='NIEUWSKOLOM' label='NIEUWSKOLOM' desc='Een gestructureerde lijst van nieuws items in kolomvorm' type='group' />
<cms:repeatable name='kolomContent' group='NIEUWSKOLOM' >
        type='text'
        name='kolom_afbeelding'
        label='NIEUWS_kolom_afbeelding_link' />
        type='text'
        name='kolom_titel'
        label='NIEUWS_kolom_titel' />
        type='nicedit'
        name='kolom_tekst'
        label='NIEUWS_kolom_tekst' />
</cms:repeatable>

Does this help?
It never crossed my mind that placing a repeatable table in a group could even be allowed, interesting...
@KK: works, thanks! with a minor issue regarding horizontal scrolling but this should be able te be overwritten as described here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7054&p=9267&hilit=group+repeatable#p9267

@Cheesyproof: me neither, isn't addressed as a parameter in the documentation (I checked before): http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... table.html
parameter: order isn't covered but works as well!

:idea: edit tip: groups can be ordered as well by using the parameter: order on both editable and repeatable tags (use on the repeatable tag is not covered in documentation but assignable)!
On second thought you can use it on the editable tag directly, thus using it on a repeatable field might be less obvious to do so. Most likely this is why it's not covered in the documentation.
6 posts Page 1 of 1