Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Is it possible to rearrange the order of the editable regions in the admin (fields of the specific template)?

eg. I started working with all the text-types, afterwards image-types,... and everything is following up accordingly. However, now I want to rearrange it in a way that it's straightforward to be inputted, according to the order in which I receive the information. In this case it's more user-friendly for the end-user.

eg. block: news (with all custom fields), then block: spotted (with all custom fields), block: promotion (with all custom fields).

thanks in advance.
Hi Divian,

You can do so by using the 'order' parameter of cms:editable tag.

Following is an excerpt from the docs (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-reference/editable/)
order

By default, the order in which the editable regions appear in the Admin panel matches the order in which they have been created. This order can be tweaked by setting the order parameter. For example -

order='3'

The higher the order number, the lower the editable region appears on the page (think about it as the higher number being heavier). Thus a region with an order number of '-2' will appear above that with an order number of '0' which in turn will appear higher on the page than a region with an order number of '2'.

The default order number given to all editable regions is '0'.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, works perfect!
Couch keeps amazing me...
3 posts Page 1 of 1