Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello ... just a thought as I'm about to use shortcodes to give the client greater freedom in styling headings. In the Couch docs
Couch, unlike most other CMSes, can have any number of editable regions. Therefore, it would have been too taxing to make it keep a watch for the registered shortcodes in all of them automatically.

Is it creating too much of an overhead performance-wise to add the CMS:DO_SHORTCODES tag liberally across all templates (of a small website)?
Hey,

Good question. I would rather go ahead, and made a template with gazillion editable regions, and spam a ton of those shortcodes in - and just field-test, whether it impacts somethings. Besides, you can use on the go shortcodes.

If you do that, I'll be happy to know the results. I haven't really explored the shortcodes yet, I missed that on Google Maps, when I tried to integrate, so I just used the source directly.

Regards,
Is it creating too much of an overhead performance-wise to add the CMS:DO_SHORTCODES tag liberally
Not so much that one would avoid using them :)

In fact, I am sure you won't even notice any difference.
It is just that I was averse to unnecessarily checking every single editable region for any contained shortcodes when it could be much more efficient if this was specified explicitly by the designer.

Please go ahead and use them without any apprehension about performance impact.
3 posts Page 1 of 1