Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
25 posts Page 1 of 3
CouchCMS is the best thing that has ever happened since sliced bread!
I have spend weeks and weeks trying CMS's and nothing comes even CLOSE to what CouchCMS is. WordPress pshhhhh i give it a year before CouchCMS is above WordPress. I will donate all of the money from my first client to your company (and also buy the commercial licence if I have enough money). But seriously thank you so much.

Bruno Albuquerque
Happy CouchCMS user from Brazil.
Thank you very much Bruno for taking the time to post your thoughts.
I am glad you liked Couch :)
Couch is a great place, great support and happy to continue to support.

Couch needs to get known so please do tell everyone.

Facebook, get it known on there kk.
SimonRLM wrote: Couch needs to get known so please do tell everyone.
Facebook, get it known on there kk.

I'm pretty jealous and protective over my Couch, I don't want the wrong people (especially competition) to get their hands on it but really it's the best I've come across, and I know we are gonna take Couch further.
but what tha heck let me splash the logo around here and there, Kudos KK
I'm not primitive, My time machine just malfunctioned in your era.
I was just about to give up when I discovered this, what a great piece of software, it will hopefully be able to do everything I nee, if I can work out how to do a few things ... ;)

Keep up the great work :D
There are 10 types of people in this world ... Those who can count in binary and …
Hello and welcome MrBalloonatic :)

I am glad you found Couch useful.
I am sure you'll manage your way through it yourself. Of course, we'll always be around in case you happen to need any assistance.
Hey All,
I agree, Couch is awesome. I just wanted to point out it is still early in its development. There is still a lot of ground to be covered. I am personally going to devote some time starting in April to developing some add-ons for Couch. Couch is really a mix of a templating system (IE PEAR) and a CMS. I like comparing it to Expression Engine which is a more Expensive CMS at $299 and even more for add-ons. EE comes with more out of the box but the learning curve is steeper and it is more expensive. Couch really does a lot of things similarly to EE such as having tags and customizable back-end. With that said, I believe there should be some goals set for Couch Development such as Scalability, Simplicity and documentation. I am just starting with Couch and using it for my first two client sites as we speak. It looks like the perfect solution thus far. ;)
Lots of style and minimal fuss, if only everyday could be that easy.
Hey.... I am new here...
and my first post is just to say and agree that CouchCMS is AMAZING!!!!
I definitely do. Here's a quote from something I had shared with kk privately.

I am really enjoying Couch :D , thank you for making it. Except for wanting something even simpler, a flat file version of Couch for really simple sites, or maybe if I were working on an enterprise cms project, I think I have found my dream cms.

I do fantasize about using Couch as the basis for a flat file cms using YAML or XML for data storage. 8-) I would probably simplify some of the great, well thought out features you have added, to it. If someone really needs them, they should probably just being using Couch instead.

I can figure out WP, but why do I want to? If I want to make a simple change to the HTML, I just should be able to. Same with modX, which I actually considered, but how much time do I want to spend learning a specific tool, and how to make it do what I want. As I stated above, for somethings even Couch CMS is overkill.

How about LazyBoyCMS (http://www.lazyboyreclinersonline.com/), a flat file version of couch? I am defintely interested, but know I can't even pretend to have the time to think about it for real until mid Spring!

:D Couch is AMAZINGly, cool, fun, convenient, inexpensive, well thought out, awesome with its feature set, ...
LazyBoyCMS - lighter version of CouchCMS :lol:
25 posts Page 1 of 3