Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
27 posts Page 2 of 3
deleted
See, we can use shortcode (and there can actually be many other ways) to display a product with checkboxes. The problem is not with the display. It is when the 'Add to cart' button gets pressed - the core code of CouchCart accepts only a single cart item at a time.

When you are submitting a product with, say 3 checkboxes checked, you are actually adding three items to the cart (on your website too, although you show it as one line the cart, the number of items added is 3).

We can possibly add a routine in the middle that intercepts the submit with multi-checkboxes and converts it into single lines but that would involve custom coding (i.e. cannot be done natively with existing functionality).
deleted
OK, so that changes the scenario completely.
Basically, you wish to use Couch only for inputting data that will be handed over to mal's cart.

Please give me a little time as I'll have to take a look at how mal's cart works and how we can integrate Couch into it.

Thanks.
deleted
deleted
Your site (as you informed us) is hand-coded and basically contains two kinds of products -
1.png
1.png (41.59 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

2.png
2.png (54.41 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

The first type is has individual images for each option while
the second type has a single consolidated image for all the options with the checkbox being forced to align to their respective colors using CSS positioning.

I don't think the second kind can be generated using any CMS without as much manual work being involved in tweaking the CSS properties as that used in the original hand coded version.

The first type, however, can be done very elegantly and in a user-friendly way where all the images will be automatically cropped and aligned etc. In short, with all the ease that a CMS ought to come with.

If you are ok with making all the products in the first style, please let me know.
There are several ways of handling that in Couch without using shortcodes (which cannot really ever be user-friendly).

Do let me know and we can discuss the approach.

Thanks.
deleted
I wasn't planning to use CouchCart - just plain Couch to accept input from the user and output the HTML FORM code acceptable to mal's cart.

This is (roughly) what I had in mind -
Use a clonable template where we'll create a cloned page for each individual product.

Define the following editable regions (no need to define one for 'title' as that is built in) -
1. Image - for main image
2. Richtext - for description
3. Repeatable with two component Text regions - for weight and price
4. Another repeatable with two component regions - one image (with defined height and width for cropping) and the other text for option name.

The user can simply fill in the regions and it would be straightforward to use the variables on the front-end to generate the FORM code (by looping through the two repeatable regions - first one to create the 'productpr1' radio-buttons group and the another one to create the 'product1[]' checkbox group with images).

You can keep using the original JS code to set the quantities.

Does this approach seem any good to you? Please let me know.
deleted
27 posts Page 2 of 3