Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

Please accept my apologies in advance if this has already been covered in a previous discussion, but i've not been able to find a reference to my question....yet.

I am new to Couch and have been working through the tutorials. I am learning the blog section at the moment where we deal with Page View & List View from the clonable template.

I am trying to create a similar feature for my own site but need it to be simpler.

I have an events page that will need to updated. It will consist of event title, event date & event time. That's it! And each event will be listed one after another in seperate div layers on a single events.php page.

I cant see there being any reason to create a seperate cloned page for each event. The customer will need to be able to add, edit and remove each event as required.

I'm guessing there must be an easy way to do this? Possibly with the repeat tag?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered ;)
Dan
Hi and welcome Dan :)

As you said, if your requirements are simple enough not to warrant creating a separate cloned page for each event (and one definition of 'simple' would be that you are not going to have hundreds of events), you can use 'Repeatable regions' instead.

Please see the following for details.
http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/r ... gions.html.

Using this method you can use an uncloned template (events.php) and declare within it a row of regions for title, date and time and then make the row repeatable.

Please let us know if you require any assistance.
Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1