Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Are the repeatable regions searchable? I'm asking this because I had setup a search form for searching in a certain masterpage and as far as I can see the search is working only for other editable regions but not for repeatable ones. And unfortunatelly, the main content in this case is holded by these repeatables.

Attila
Hi Attila,

The repeatable regions are, I am afraid, unsearchable at the moment.
I haven't had any complaints regarding this so far but now I think I should change this.
I've added it to the open-issues list.

Thanks.
Hi KK,

Adding this to the open-issues list is good news, can you tell me when do you think the repeatables will become searchable?
This is really important as the website mentioned before (up and runing live since last month) is built about 50% or even more on repeatables. My mistake, but I think in documentation nothing is mentioned about it.

Thanks,
Attila
Hi Attila,

The change is scheduled to appear with v1.4. Since that is still some time away, I'll create a private patch for you. Please give me a few days though.

Thanks.
Wow! Thank you KK. That is more than welcomed! Please let me know when it's ready.

Attila
Hi KK!

Some news regarding the patch for searching in repeatable regions? I really need it.

Thanks.
Hi Attila,

Having been involved with your previous thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7488), I was under the impression that you modified your site's architecture to use folders/pages instead of repeatable regions. Did I miss something there?

Anyways, news is that I actually sat down one day to try and implement the search feature. However, I very soon realized that it was not as straightforward as I had imagined.
In fact, there would be some serious hacks/workaround involved so I decided to forgo the feature.

So, I am afraid, I don't think we can make the repeatable regions searchable.
I really am sorry, Attila, as I had promised you this but I am sure you'll understand that it is something too hackish or I would have done it anyway.

Thanks.
7 posts Page 1 of 1