Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I tried CouchCMS for the first time this morning and ended up buying a license shortly after... I now have managed to convert a full static website into managed site in no time at all!

Excellent stuff many thanks.
Thank you very much taking the time to post in your feedback :)
I am glad you found Couch useful.
Our customer had 30+ pages in static html but needed to edit some areas of these pages without going back to a web developer for these basic changes.

All the other CMS we looked at were just not right for this job - in general way too complicated to set up and maintain especially to migrate an existing set of html pages. We just wanted to define some customer editable areas not redesign the whole site.

Came across Couch, liked what we saw, implemented it and the CMS for our client site was up and running really quickly.

Just wanted to say that Coach has been an absolute pleasure to work with. Also read an interview by Kamran about why Couch was developed and this simply reinforced exactly how we feel about CMS and how we want to work with our clients. There is no doubt about that we will use Couch again for future customer projects. Thanks - keep up the good work.
Hi and welcome to our forums Phil :)

Thank you very much for the kind words.
I am really glad you liked Couch :)
I am new to couch. I was specifically looking for a simple, lightweight cms that I could drop into my html site to use as a blog. I've looked at so many and this is the first and only one I know that is so well explained.
All the others were so complicated for a non-developer to drop into an existing website. I am currently following the instructions step-by-step and I am just amazed that someone took the time to write it out so clearly. Thank you to that person/people, you make me love couch already and I can't wait to finish!!
I am not a developer but I can follow instructions!
Welcome @sofar and thank you very much for appreciating our work :)
couchCMS is impressive. I downloaded it and i am testing it locally. I have to say that so far i am very impressed by its simplicity and user friendly conversion of HTML pages to CMS.

I landed on this site when searching for a tutorial/suggestion on a simple cms that implements in-line content editing. Although it is not as I expected in terms of the kind of in-line editing i had in mind, i have to say that i was very pleased by the ability to convert html templates into cms within an hour. Brilliant!

I definitely will buy and contribute to the community in the future as time allows. Thanks guys for availing this.
Hello jephcol and welcome to our forums :)

I really am glad you liked Couch (and took the time to convey this to us).
Thank you very much.
Yeah, I like it too. I did a small site with it for a barbershop. he gets along with the easy cms perfectly! I was asked for a Backup-Recover-Sytsem in case an entry or field was deleted. Shure a revision would be great, too. But lets keet this simple. Is there a Backup-system I can use to save the database with one click (client)? Can this be part of couch and open source?
* * * * * * I LOVE COUCH CMS - flexible and straight forward * * * * * *
snicholls wrote: I tried CouchCMS for the first time this morning and ended up buying a license shortly after... I now have managed to convert a full static website into managed site in no time at all!

Excellent stuff many thanks.

exactly how I felt after trying it for the first time :)

CouchCMS is great!
10 posts Page 1 of 1