Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Somebody asked me theese days to make him a one page design website. I'm wondering if using Couch as CMS for this kinde of website is a good choice, knowing that it should be a photographer portfolio website. It is possible to implement such a quite complex website in one page manner?
Thanks.
Hi atisz,

You can certainly use Couch for one page designs (I have actually seen several such sites built with Couch).

A design that appears as 'one page' on the front-end need not necessarily mean that the back-end should also be a single template (although, you can do this too, if you so wish).
IMHO, the easiest way to create/administrate such sites is to use a separate template for each 'section' of the one-page design.

Do share with us the strategy that you decide to go with. Thanks.
You could very easily build a one pager with Couch and IMO it's a great fit, the simple back-end would be clean thus easy for the client.

I would approach this by:

Create your index.php template and declare several block content regions for basic stuff like about, services etc.*

Then create the gallery as per the docs and easily implement it into the region of the one page.

*Alternatively, and probably the way I would go (it really depending on the design / layout) would be to create a clonable page called something like "Sections" and publish each individual sections of the homepage in that, then pull them into the homepage template.

Couch makes it very easy to load content from any section of the site using "masterpage=", it's this elegant means of starting a loop that makes it far easier that trying than doing something like that in Wordpress, in my opinion ;)
KK, patrickvibes - thank you for your replies. This is a good news for me, because I really like CouchCMS and I plan using it for all my future projects. In fact I'm a veeeeeery beginer in one page website design, this is the reason I asked for your opinion.
I will let you know how I managed the task and maybe I will return for further questions on this subject.

Attila
@Attila

No problem, if you have any questions post and someone in the community will pipe up, I must say the support in the forums is second to none.
5 posts Page 1 of 1