Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi KK,

I resume auto-return URL can be set in PayPal to go to a thank-you page on my Couch Site - I know you state there is no order management etc but is any IPN response returned for success/failure?

Also, if the IPN requires a specific Couch return URL - will this clear the cart contents once Payment has been made?
auto-return URL can be set in PayPal to go to a thank-you page on my Couch Site

The 'pp_payment_gateway' tag two parameters, namely 'return_url' and a 'cancel_url', that can be used to set the return page for the buyer (I've updated the documentation to show these).
but is any IPN response returned for success/failure

PayPal allows us to set a separate URL for processing the IPN response.
However, since this callback is made by PayPal as a separate request, the session data (includes the cart contents) will not be available while processing the IPN.

The standard method for processing IPN notifications for carts is to save the cart contents (or atleast a summary), along with a unique id for the particular transaction, in the database before redirecting to PayPal. The IPN response sends back the unique cart ID and this is then used to fetch the saved cart info and then compare it with the info returned by IPN.

Since, as of now, CouchCart does not support order-management, the 'pp_payment_gateway' does not support setting an IPN notify url (i.e. there is no support for IPN processing).
Hi KK,

That's perfect - my cancel / complete work perfectly.

Is it possible to define those in the config in a future release, so we don't have to hard-code the URL's?
3 posts Page 1 of 1