Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I have to do a site which displays 4-5 categories of products with a title, description, picture and price. (No cart or payment involved).
There should be (admin) provision to add/edit these products in the backend.
For each category there will be some articles (like a blog) and option to add them (in the backend)
Please tell me if I can do it with Couch. Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.
Hi,

This is staple fare for Couch.
Please take look at our tutorial (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/portfolio-site/) and, I am sure, you'd be able to get it done with ease.

Do let us know if you happen to require help with anything.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, KK.
This is staple fare for Couch

Does that also include the functionality for adding editing products etc?
Will I have to do additional coding ( I have only basic knowledge of PHP)

Please also tell me how easy it will be for a non-technical person to add products and articles.
Thanks a million in advance.
Does that also include the functionality for adding editing products etc?

Yes, of course.
Will I have to do additional coding ( I have only basic knowledge of PHP)

No PHP required :)

I can only suggest you please go through (even cursorily will do) through the tutorial I mentoned. It will give you a blow-by-blow account on how to get things done.

Thanks.
Thanks again KK.
Really appreciate your help.
Let me do the tutorial first and come back.
Thanks again..
Hi
I am going step by step through the tutorials.
(Amazed at the simplicity..)
I have a small issue in the section Diving deep - the Blog (Part 1).
After defining the editable regions, this is what I get on the admin screen when I click Blog - (please find attached image) - instead of what I should get shown on image 022.png.
(I repeated the steps twice) Not sure what I am doing wrong. :oops:
Kindly help if you can. Thanks!

Attachments

Hi,

Nothing to worry about :)
You are getting this screen because your template has already been declared as 'clonable' (as opposed to that in the tutorial where we do it in the next step).
Just move a little down the tutorial and you'll find this very screen (029.png).
Thanks again, KK. 8-)
Please consider making this tip on the tutorial aimed at newbies like me.. Thanks.

The tutorial says:
It has named this page 'Default page for blog.php * PLEASE CHANGE THIS TITLE *'.
Click on this new page

However when I click it I can see only options to edit main_content and sidebar_content. But no blog_image.
I double checked all steps even redid them. But no blog_image. :cry: Please let me know if I should post some code.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi,

Can you please attach the template you are using?
Thanks
Thanks KK.
Sorry, it was a slight mistake on my part. :oops:
Now I am getting the same results as in the tutorials. :D
10 posts Page 1 of 1