Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All

Very new to Couch, so far impressed and managed to create some simple editable regions for my site, all working very well.

One thing I am struggling with is my testimonial page. At the moment it is a basic page with each testimonial seperated by an image. I would like to create an editable area so the site admin can add a new testimonial that adds itself to the bottom of the existing testimonials, and includes the image as a divider.

Could someone help with this?
Hi and welcome :)

There are two ways you can do this in Couch -

1. Declare your testimonial template as clonable.
Define two editable regions within it - one of type richtext for the testimonial's text and another of type image.
Now you can create a new cloned page for every testimonial that you wish to add.
The process is no different than that used with creating and listing blog or product items (as illustrated in our tutorial).

2. If the number of testimonials is not likely to be very large (25-30 is fine), you can use a second method - Repeatable regions (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/r ... gions.html).
With this method you don't have to declare the template as clonable. Define within it a repeatable region with the two child regions used in the first method.
Now you'll see a table with the two regions in each row and you can add new testimonials by adding a new row.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you happen to require any help.
Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1