Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
See the image below:

screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (140.85 KiB) Viewed 3268 times

In this situation I have a lot of white space. Is there a way to do this more nicely?
That seems to be happening because the nicedit editor is auto-expanding with the increasing content instead of showing a scroll bar.

A fix to this behavior has been discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7074&p=9363

Please use the revised version of nicedit provided above and set the 'maxheight' to make the editor more tractable.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks. That helps. :)

Another question:

If I add more editable areas in one repeatable region, lets say we have a total of 8 editable areas,
the columns will be very narrow and does not look nice in the backend.

Is there a simple solution? Or do I have to make a separate template for this?
If I add more editable areas in one repeatable region, lets say we have a total of 8 editable areas,
the columns will be very narrow and does not look nice in the backend.

Is there a simple solution?

Try adding the 'col_width' parameter to each column to set a reasonable width for them
e.g.
<cms:editable type='textarea' name='desc' col_width='400' />

This way, although the columns will overflow the container table, a horizontal scroll bar will appear that will allow the user to access them.

As an aside, if you really require so many columns, I suspect you are looking at the wrong solution (and literally 'stretching' the repeatable-regions too far).
I think using the standard method of a separate clonable template defining all the editable regions, creating pages for each row and then enumerating them via cms:pages tag would be the right way here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1