Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I have an intranet site that I want to use CouchCMS with. Four divisions in our company. Each division has its own page where photos and videos can be added, as well as latest news for that division as well.

While I figured out how to do the rest, I am really clueless how to just add a video link (on local disk) on the backend and make it pop up as a repeatable region with all its formatting and stuff on the front.

Could someone please tell me if this is possible? I really am beginning to love Couch and I think this is something that can be achieved, just dont know how.

Regards,

Danish

PS: this intranet will be deployed on 2-3 touch screen kiosks as well so I am using HTML5 with JGestures for the technology.
Hi,

If I understood it right, your videos will be hosted on your local network intranet (as opposed to someplace like Youtube or Vimeo).

To display such locally hosted videos on the front-end you can use a custom video player e.g. Flowflayer (http://flowplayer.org/).

As for uploading the videos to the backend, you can use the editable region of type 'file' of Couch. The user can upload the video files using Couch admin and the URL of the uploaded video file (as outputted by the editable region) can be fed into the video player.

Hope this helps.
hello again KK, I've setup an editable region with upload type set to "file" for my video uploads, but from the backend when I try to upload videos of extension .webm or .vp8 or some other one i can't quite remember right now I think it's .ogv, I'm given an error saying INVALID FILE.
How can i upload files of ANY extension from couch and let my video player decide if the file is invalid or not?
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
Hi,

'couch/includes/fileuploader/config.php' has the following setting that dictates which file extensions are allowed
Code: Select all
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File']

You can add to it the new extensions.
How can i upload files of ANY extension from couch and let my video player decide if the file is invalid or not?

It would be considered a huge security risk and hence is not allowed. You'll have to explicitly specify the extensions.
that worked just perfect, thank you once again Kamran.
outstanding job as always.
---
---
ok uploading of the video files now works, but something else went wrong and I donno if I caused it.
When I upload an image in tha backend via this code within the template
<cms:editable name='image' label='Cover Art' type='image' width='250' height='250' crop='1' />

i choose the file i need well and good, i upload it to the server, then select it and as i press on SAVE. The web browser shows a loading icon and almost immediately stops and shows me a blank screen, no title in the title bar only a full URL path and my website's favicon beside it. all other templates do this too, only when saving images, text only is ok.
I tried it on three different computers, three different browsers, two different internet providers, two different antivirus', same thing :|

My entries in the fileUploader config file are well punctuated, i only added
'webm', 
and
'ogv', 
in alphabetical order as it was, so the last file extension remains intact (without a trailing comma)
---
---
This is a separate issue from the file extensions.
Most likely your system is running out of memory (test using a smaller image and if it saves fine, that will confirm the suspicion).

Anyways, to fix the issue please find the
'couch/includes/timthumb.php' file and modify the following directive (from original '50' to '128')
ini_set('memory_limit', "128M");

Please let me know if this helps.
KK wrote: Most likely your system is running out of memory.

My system as in my PC or as in my couch installation?

Either way i doubt that coz the saving is taking about a second or two to before it goes to a white screen (without actually saving anything), with my internet speed that means it didnt even go online, im guessing it's somthing to do with my machine now or maybe settings, 'coz the image i'm uploading is 20KB, not over 300x300px :cry:

Thanks either way, good day
---
---
My system as in my PC or as in my couch installation?

The memory allocated to PHP while it tries to resize or otherwise process the uploaded image.

Please make the modification I suggested in my earlier post to timthumb.php and let me know if it rectifies the problem.

Thanks.
Lord oh Lord why did I even bother second guessing KK.
Worked in an instant, my apologies Sir, I guess my memory is clogged due to all the images and files I have uploaded into Couch yet dont use?

I need to buy you a beer man :D
---
---
10 posts Page 1 of 1