Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I just downloaded the latest version of Couch and I am trying to test it using the latest version of XAMPP (which is 1.8.0). the PHP version it contains is 5.4.4

I have also installed the IonCube loaders and configured the config file as per the tutorials. Also replaced the PHP.INI file as per the tutorial at Ioncube website.

I get a blank screen when I point the browser to localhost/couch/install.php or localhost/couch/

It just refuses to install or show me a screen where it can go on and get on with it.

What am I doing wrong?

I really want to buy a license for CouchCMS and use it in my upcoming projects but I really miss an fully functional online demo, and my apparent current inability to properly install it to test it!

Thank You for your help in advance.

Regards,

Danish
Hi Danish,

A white screen suggests that IonCube is not properly configured.

Since your site is not publicly available, I can only post in a few suggestions to make IonCube work (as opposed to logging in myself and trying to fix the problem).

I am attaching a wizard (downloaded from IonCube's site).
Place it within your site and access 'wizard.php'.
It should tell you whether or not IonCube is installed properly. It will also guide you with getting the installation right, if needed.

As an alternative - if you happen to be on Windows you can use the portable version of Couch available from our downloads section. It comes with everything preconfigured. Just launch and you are ready to go.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Attachments

KK wrote: Hi Danish,

A white screen suggests that IonCube is not properly configured.

Since your site is not publicly available, I can only post in a few suggestions to make IonCube work (as opposed to logging in myself and trying to fix the problem).

I am attaching a wizard (downloaded from IonCube's site).
Place it within your site and access 'wizard.php'.
It should tell you whether or not IonCube is installed properly. It will also guide you with getting the installation right, if needed.

As an alternative - if you happen to be on Windows you can use the portable version of Couch available from our downloads section. It comes with everything preconfigured. Just launch and you are ready to go.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Hi Kamran,

The Ioncube wizard that it is successfully installed and that encoding should not have any problems.

As for the portable section, there is a strange phenomenon. I happen to see only one kind of option and one kind of user. Can't see the many features as specified on the site.

Am I not getting the appropriate user/password?
As for the portable section, there is a strange phenomenon. I happen to see only one kind of option and one kind of user. Can't see the many features as specified on the site.

Not sure if I understood you completely here but either
1. you couldn't get the portable version - if that is the case, you can find it at http://www.couchcms.com/products/. Just scroll down a bit to the section named 'Portable CouchCMS for local testing'.
2. or you did download and install the portable version but the admin panel seems to be 'empty' of all the features specified on our site - if that is so, please take a look at our tutorial http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -site.html to get a head start on using Couch. Rest assured all the features specified are present.

Do let me know if you require any assistance in working with Couch.
Thanks
4 posts Page 1 of 1